The law relating to a partnership firm is contained in the Indian Partnership Act, 1932. Under Section 58 of the Act, a firm may be registered at any time ( not merely at the time of its formation but subsequently also ) by filing an application with the Registrar of Firms of the area in which any place of business of the firm is situated or proposed to be situated.
Application shall contain:
- Name of the firm
- Place or principal place of business
- Names of any other places where the firm carries on business.
- Date on which each partner joined the firm
- Name in full and permanent address of partners.
- Duration of the firm
- Application shall be signed and verified by all the partners or their duly authorized agents.